IDE Hang When Exiting. (was Can't edit scripts in DataGrid group in Windows 10)

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Oct 22 19:32:16 EDT 2020

Martin,

I don’t have an answer for that but this post perked my interest in a hang I was getting. I just found out why the IDE hangs in an apparently tight loop when it's closing. This happened only on one card of the stack. It had a closeCard handler in the behavior. A "breakpoint" statement triggered. It was from early debugging and does not get triggered anymore. It only triggers if all is not well. There is reference to a property in the main stack. Could that stack already be closed and the property returns as empty? Because that would trigger the breakpoint.

Is this a bug or user error?

Win 10
LC 9.6.1

Thanks for pushing me(more like  a poke) to finally solve this annoyance.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net