Design Question

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 05:20:45 EST 2020

Hi,

I had 70 PS POS systems in the field and I saved the  list of items and
other info  after each addition it worked 99.9% of the time. But when it
failed (4 or 5  times a year) usually the same
customer (same hardware same windows 7 )I had to log in and copy a blank
livecode stack. In the end I had to save the info in the Sqlite database -
No problems since.

The stackfile never seemed to damage because of a power failure/outage or
anything - but had a greater chance if that was the case. The funny thing
was if you did switch the power off  off
without doing a proper shutdown there was no damage 99.9% of the time.
Never did get to the bottom of it.

Regards Lagi

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 00:50, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Scott Morrow wrote:
>
>  > For getting it FROM the student, why not just use a livecode stack
>  > file. It could contain everything and be highly editable.
>
> ^ this
>
> LiveCode stack files are an underrated document format.
>

> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Fourth World Systems
>   Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web

KIndest Regards Lagi