IOS Screen resizing /EXACT FIT not working as before

Andrew at MidWest Coast Media andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Sat Nov 7 09:17:13 EST 2020

I’m having a similar issue with “letterbox” on an a project. It has fit fine for years: exact fit on older devices with black bars on top/bottom of newer devices. But when I rebuild now, it shows black bars on all 4 sides of an iPhone 11. (old build currently on AppStore renders just on top/bottom)

Unfortunately because of how it was designed (for 5s device size with NO resize handler), “exactFit” will kill navigation on modern devices. The project needs a UI overhaul, and I’m using this as motivation for the client, but it seems that somewhere a change was made on how iOS device sizes are determined. I noticed a lot of chatter recently about this affecting the iPhone Plus models when zoomed. Perhaps Apple made a change in Xcode 11 if nothing has changed in LiveCode.

-Andrew Bell