Is the DateFormat read only?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Nov 6 19:34:55 EST 2020

I don't think it "strips" the TZ info - it simply ignores it. I think
the key phrase is in the dictionary as :

> *Note:* The *convert* command assumes all dates / times are in local

> time except for 'the seconds', which is taken to be universal time.

So it assume syou date is in local time (regardless of the +0300), and
therefore your example returns +0000 for you (I assume you're in the UK,
or equivalent,  now). It does the same for me, and returns the date with
"+0000".

However, the same code run on my LC server (wherever on-rev is these
days), changes the +0300 to -0500 - i.e. it's taken as local time where
the server is.

I assume you should be able to do something with the TimeZone library -
but I'm struggling to figure that out.

>    local tNow
>    put the seconds into tNow
>    put FromUniversalTime(tNow,"US/Central") into tt
>    put tNow && tt
>    put FromUniversalTime(tNow,"US/Alaska") into tt
>    put CR & tt after msg
gives me

1604709030 1604709030

1604709030

so I don't have a clue  what it was trying to do !?!

Alex.