New Google PlayStore Console

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Nov 5 12:48:10 EST 2020

I received these 3 warnings when uploading APKs using the new Google Play Console. The first one I've been seeing for a while. Anyone know about the last 2? I assume the second one is LCs use of the JVM.

Warning
This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Warning
This APK contains Java/Kotlin code, which might be obfuscated. We recommend you upload a deobfuscation file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

Warning
This APK contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net