Code-signed apk fails

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu May 28 06:24:19 EDT 2020

Jacque,

did you already try to build the .apk without tsNet?  This way you could check if tsNET is involved.
You need to do the 2 steps before building the .apk
1. execute    dispatch "revUnloadLibrary" to stack "tsNetLibUrl"    in message box
(btw. to load it again after building the standalone execute     dispatch "revLoadLibrary" to stack "tsNetLibUrl" - no need to restart LC IDE )
2. if "Select inclusions for..." is selected, then deselect tsNET external in standalone settings.

Now build the .apk with the keystore.
If the .apk is able now to download the files although it is signed, then tsNET is involved.

If the .apk still does not download, then i would try to convert the keystore file to the new format as suggested in the warning message and would try to use that file during standalone building.

And if you are on Mac and if your time allows could you try an older LC version to build the .apk. e.g. 9.6.0 DP3. According to the FAQ at Livecode.com <https://livecode.com/docs/9-5-0/faq/faq/>
all DP versions are not notarized:
"Our test releases (DP versions) will not be fully notarized and you will still need to do this. Future Stable releases will be notarized and will not need whitelisting."

So RC1 and RC2 could be notarized and who knows, if or if not  the notarization process touched the Android externals of tsNET in some way. But that´s just a shot in the dark.

Matthias

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code