Linking to a LC desktop app with a URL

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed May 20 18:11:53 EDT 2020

Hi,

Has anyone worked on the idea of accessing a LiveCode application from a web browser, such as happens with Zoom? With a URL link to a zoom.us page, the webpage shows a dialog:

“Do you want to allow this page to open ‘zoom.us’?”

which then opens the local app zoom.us.

My use for this would be for enabling a user using an online LMS (learning management system) to directly access a location in my application on their local machine.

I see a few methods described online, but was wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive