Obtaining URL to latest Stable LC Server

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed May 20 16:29:57 EDT 2020

As LC IDE has an integrated update checker, i was sure there is a service running at Livecode website.

I´ve ran "Check for updates" from LC´s help menu while running CharlesProxy.
The update checker posts requests to "http://livecode.com/livecode/update/livecode"

It first posts some "login" credentials to authenticate
action=login&email=YOUREMAILe&uid=USERID
I am not sure what the user id is.

Then after successful authentication the server returns some values
result=success
session=SESSIONID
uid=USERID
challenge=WHATEVERTHISIS

Then the updater posts
action=list&session=SESSIONID&token=SOMETOKEN&build=BUILDNUMBER&platform=mac%2Fx86_64&type=professional

build= contains the buildnumber of the LC version that runs the update check

platform= contains the Platform the LC IDE is running on for example  mac%2Fx86_64

Type= contains the edition  for example professional

Maybe LC is willing to help to understand whatfor the other values are or maybe they will  add a 2nd service that just returns the latest release/build number for
the posted platform and type.

Or someone is willing to manually create an online text file contains the latest release number. Of course it has to be updated every time a new version is released.

Matthias

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code