Changing text properties in a field via the IDE

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue May 19 08:37:31 EDT 2020

Yep, that was it! I had pasted some text from elsewhere. The text **looks** perfectly normal (and the count of characters is the same as in the visual representation of them, so none apparently hidden), but in some way it must mess up the functioning of the Property Inspector. As Ralph confirms, the initial text (in a Label Field, it’s just “Label:”) can be changed via the Property Inspector without being specifically selected - in fact you can’t select the ‘contents’ text in the Property Inspector display. So IMHO it’s a bug, if a minor one. Will report it, but I don’t expect a quick solution. Odd, though.

Thanks to Ralph and Richard

Graham