Changing text properties in a field via the IDE

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon May 18 16:45:06 EDT 2020

I’m using LC 9.6.0 rc1 on a Mac. Just now I did something very simple that didn’t work. I created a label field, opened the Property Inspector for the field and changed its text - that worked. Then I attempted to change the font size - that didn’t work. The appearance of the label in the stack itself didn’t change, nor could I change the font, make the text bold etc. I tried this again with a regular field - same result. I started a new stack with just the one field - same result.

All these values can be changed by script, in the Message Box or elsewhere, but I can’t make them in the IDE by changing values in the Property Inspector.

What am I doing wrong?

Graham