Sad truth about iOS apps

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri May 15 17:34:23 EDT 2020

Very sincere thanks to all who replied - I will explore all your solutions and insights.

If I get that far (to make an acceptable version of my app bundle) I will also have to solve a number of errors that the Loader reported. For instance:

> The Key UIUUserInterfaceStyle … in the Payload/Myapp.appinfo.plist is invalid

Difficult, as I don’t know what that means.

I can cope with the requirement for different PNG files of certain precise sizes not mentioned in the LC Standalone Settings, e.g.

> The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file.

but the references to where they should be placed mean nothing to me. Here’s another one:

> ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file.

I had hoped that LC would look after the positioning of all this stuff for me - I believe I supplied all the PNGs that the LC Settings asked for, but of course I will check.

The Xcode documentation of course assumes that one’s app is a project within the XCode universe,which AFAIK doesn’t apply to LC projects, so it’s not much help, at least not to me.

Is there a way out of this confusion?

Graham