Sad truth about iOS apps

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:12:58 EDT 2020

Hello Graham,

Which LC version are you using? You **might** be able to hack the IDE to
use the iOS 13 sdk, even with High Sierra. Use LC 9.6 RC-1 for this.

Note: This is not recommended, so try it at your own risk.

You can start with downloading Xcode 11.3 which includes the iOS SDK 13.2.
Xcode 11.3 cannot run on High Sierra, so its icon will look disabled in the
Finder, but LC is using the iOS SDK, so this **might** work.

Then,  type in the msg box:

edit the script of stack revdeploylibraryios at 42

This will open the Script Editor - search for these lines (should be around
line 42):

else if tMacVersion < 101400 then
   put "12.1,10.1,12.1" into tList[1]

and replace them with:

else if tMacVersion < 101400 then
   put "12.1,10.1,12.1" into tList[1]
   put "13.2,11.3,13.3" into tList[2]     // <--- Add this line

Note this file is read-only, so if you want to save permanently these
changes, you need to change the permissions of the file
revdeploylibraryios.livecodescript in the LC app bundle.

Now, go to LiveCode Preferences -> Mobile Support and choose Xcode 11.3

Hopefully this should work.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Fri, May 15, 2020, 19:40 Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <