LC9.6 Android EXIF image data issue

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu May 14 03:16:20 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-13 23:54, Alan Stenhouse via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Monte
>
> Thanks for the info, though that is bad news. It had previously come
> through on iOS ok - when picking a photo from the library, and also on
> Android AFAIK.
>
> Do we have any way of getting EXIF data from an image picked from an
> image library using MobilePickPhoto?
>
> Thanks again for the info!

iOS definitely strips EXIF data in some cases - perhaps it is just from
photos taken with the camera or maybe it varies slightly with OS
version.

The Android case you are observing is probably because the EXIF data is
being stripped also.

Assuming you don't use a width/height argument on mobilePickPhoto then
we just return the data which we are given with no processing at all -
so you are getting what the OS wants you to get.

It might be that Samsung's camera app is a little more security
conscious than other Android variants :(

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps