[ANN] Release 9.6.0 RC-1
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Mon May 11 09:00:04 EDT 2020
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.6.0 RC-1.
Getting the Release
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.
LiveCode 9.6.0 RC-1 comes with more than 30 changes, including:
- Support for Storyboard launch images and backgrounds on iOS
- Support for using the flash as a torch in the Android Barcode Scanner
- Support for building with Xcode 11.4, using the iOS 13.4 SDK
- New tsNet and mergExt builds, built with the iOS 13.4 SDK
- Improvements in the text-to-speech library
- Improvements in the iOS native browser
- Improvements in the camera control object
- Significant performance improvement when saving stacks on Windows
- Improvements in the Windows FFI in LCB
For the full list of all fixes, updates and enhancements please see the
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
To build iOS apps with LiveCode you must have the appropriate versions of
Xcode as follows:
- macOS 10.13.4: Xcode 10.1 - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS 12.1
- macOS 10.14.4: Xcode 11.3.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
- macOS 10.15.2: Xcode 11.4.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
There is a full list of working LiveCode/macOS/Xcode combinations here:
Note: Whilst we endeavour to release updated versions of LiveCode
supporting the latest Xcode/iOS SDKs as quickly as possible; we strongly
recommend disabling automatic update of Xcode or downloading the specific
version of Xcode required directly from the Apple developer portal and
installing it separately.
Important: From the end of June 2020, Apple will only be accepting apps
built using iOS13 SDKs. This means that, if you wish to submit apps to the
AppStore you will have to be running at least macOS 10.14 in order to be
able to install the necessary version of Xcode.
Please report any bugs encountered on our quality center at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the use-livecode