[OT] Older Macs and macOS 10.14 / 10.15

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri May 8 18:58:13 EDT 2020

DISCLAIMER: I don’t recommend anyone use this tool. This is just my experience.

I used a tool by dosdude to install Mojave on my early 2011 MacBook Pro with 16mb memory and 2tb HD.

1) I made 2 backups(Time Machine and CC Cloner) before I started. I can't emphasize enough to make a backup(s) before upgrading.
3) Verified that the CC clone booted via USB. (refer back to step 1)
4) Converted 10.13 to APFS in recovery mode.
5) After one install failure using dosdude's tool I powered down, removed the USB mouse/keyboard, rebooted and then the upgrade completed.
6) Installed Xcode 11.3.1
7) Opened up LC 9.6 dp4 and got the green square.
8) Of course my Apple License renewed while all this was going on (sigh). So after I went through that rigmarole...
9) Built iOS dev app with 9.6 dp4 and installed it on device. iOS 13 SDK!!!
9) The only problem I had so far is the ethernet port initially did not work. Error was "Network Cable Unplugged". I deleted the ethernet connection in system prefs and re-added. It worked immediately after that.

Just a story for your entertainment.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services