I need some DataGrid performance help

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed May 6 13:28:31 EDT 2020

On 5/6/20 5:35 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:

> This code is called only when the data is changed such as columns added
> or removed or rows added or removed or both.

What I do is set the data initially, then cache the existing setup in a
local array. When something changes I can examine the array, make the
necessary changes, and update only the changed data in the datagrid.
This makes a huge difference in response time, especially when I'm
storing thumbnail images in the datagrid and I really don't want to have
to calculate thumbnails for each cell in the grid a second time.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com