sqLite delete memory database

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Fri May 1 15:25:07 EDT 2020

hmmm....you can try set the pragma to zero out flag (i am pretty sure there
is one) .. and drop all tables on close?

its strange that it does not 'delete' from memory.  Are we sure on
this?..... is this dependent on the garbage collector in LC?

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 7:14 AM JB via use-livecode <

> I have been testing SQLite 3 using the command line interface and it
> looks to me like SQLite is designed to securely delete the memory of
> the database automatically after it closes the database.
>
> I could be wrong but if you can’t read the memory it is probably already
> securely deleted when the database was closed.
>
> JB
>

> > On Apr 30, 2020, at 6:43 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> >
> > I can create memory databases, but how do I delete it once created?
> revdb_disconnect still leaves it in memory. revCloseDatabase is just a
> synonym of revdb_disconnect.
> >
> > Bob S

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer