specialFolderPath, Microsoft Window, and 64 bits

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Mar 31 13:19:41 EDT 2020

On 2020-03-31 18:13, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode wrote:
> I had a similar situation recently where I needed to get some DPI
> information about the monitors that wasn't available through my LC main
> application. I ended up writing a simple command line tool in Visual
> Studio
> that used the Windows APIs and returned the proper information. I
> included
> that exe with my app and called it from within LC. In your case you
> would
> create a 64-bit command line app and I'm guessing you could find sample
> code for such a common API call.

Another thought occurs (along these lines)... I'm pretty sure if you run
shell commands on windows then the program files are present as env vars
(at least for the shell's bitness). So it might be possible to run the
32-bit cmd.exe from shell() and give it a bat script which echos out the
relevant var?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps