Hide stack change focus not supported 64bit

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sun Mar 29 17:17:51 EDT 2020

I have a stack that needs to hide itself so a different window (other application) is now the frontmost window so my application can use AppleScript keystroke command to enter information into the other window.

When I issue the command hide this stack my application window disappears but doesn’t lose focus. The target application that was behind my floating window doesn’t become the frontmost application.

The documentation in 9.5.1 says that hide stack is not supported in 64bit. What is the alternative for MacOS X 64bit to temporarily hide my application?

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos