Terminal command for fixing Icon images not displaying properly in Mac OS X catalina

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Mar 25 15:38:01 EDT 2020

Hi.

I saw a discussion earlier on this list or the forums about an issue I was having with Catalina.

Icons that appeared fine on earlier versions of Mac OS X now appeared black on Catalina.

The solution posted was a simple terminal command that would strip  the “something” from the image files which was causing the problem.

At the time I made a note of it I thought but now I can’t find it.   I have searched the list and the forums and the web I can’t find a post about this.

I can’t. remember the terminal command (something simple like ‘remove’)  nor the “something” that was removed so my searches are pretty general and not finding anything.

Does anyone else remember this?

Thanks

Martin