DataGrid question...

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Mar 25 08:32:20 EDT 2020

> Am 25.03.2020 um 01:26 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Paul Dupuis wrote:
>
>> Has anyone come up with a way to configure a DataGrid (LC9) so that
>> the left most column remains visible when the other columns are
>> scrolled horizontally?
>>
>> Or is the only way to to do this is to have a separate field to the
>> left of the DataGrid that holds the left column?
>>
>> Anyone solved this already?
>
> Not here. When all I need is a list I just use a list field.  Now that LC's field supports independent column alignment I haven't needed a DG for anything but forms.

Richard, do you know if there is a lesson for this available or is there something written about it? To be honest, i must have missed that "new" feature.

I´ve searched already for column alignment, but can only find lessons/information about Datagrids.

> Parse out the first col with a "split by column", drop it into a control on the left, and you're good to go.

Matthias

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code