Guessing the encoding of a test file...

peterwawood peterwawood at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:02:27 EDT 2020

PaulIf it would help, I could make a very crude Rebol command line script to read a file, guess the encoding and print the encoding. It would give a crude way to compare the results against your current routine.Rebol is easy to download and doesn't require installation but is 32-bit only so the macOS version  won't run on macOS Catalina.PeterPS Once again sorry for the top posting.
-------- Original message --------From: Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> Date: 21/03/2020  22:11  (GMT+08:00) To: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com Cc: Paul Dupuis <paul at researchware.com> Subject: Re: Guessing the encoding of a test file... On 3/20/2020 8:49 PM, peterwawood via use-livecode wrote:> PaulI wrote a simple function to guess the encoding of a file but in Rebol not LiveCode. I'm not sure how it compares with your current function in terms of accuracy. It is being used by a company which does a lot of text processing. (Though I don't know if that is a good reccomendation or not). The method I used is explained in the brief documentation -http://www.rebol.org/documentation.r?script=str-enc-utils.r]. The rules could be used to create a LiveCode function.PeterPS Sorry for top posting, I'm replying from a mobile app.Peter,Thank you. While I would have loved to see this as a LC script for comparison to my own routine, this is the sort of replies I was looking for. Other routines I could compare mine to for seeking possible improvements in my own code._______________________________________________use-livecode mailing listuse-livecode at lists.runrev.comPlease visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode