Problem opening version 9.6.0 (dp3)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Mar 19 23:24:49 EDT 2020

Bill,

Does this help? It was at the end of the release announcement:

Known issues
- This build (for Mac) is not notarized yet, so if your Mac is running
MacOS Catalina (10.15.x) you will get a warning dialog saying that the app
cannot be opened. In this case, you have to whitelist LiveCode in the
System Settings -> Security and Privacy, and then right-click on LiveCode
and choose "Open" from the contextual menu. Just double-clicking to open it
will not work.

Note that you'll only need to do this once, the very first time you open
LiveCode 9.6 DP-3. For more details and instructions see here: