Windows Slowness

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Mar 16 18:17:34 EDT 2020

Bob,

the data which is returned by MySQL server is how much in size/lines/items per line?

Do you use an ip address or the hostname in the connections settings for your MySQL Server?
Is it possible, that IP6 is enabled on your Windows machine? If so, did you try to disable it or is IP6 needed?

I am running an LC standalone under Win10 64bit in a HyperV VM which connects to MSSQL server using ODBC to fetch 5 price lists.
The returned data per price list is about 800kb and contains about 3000 lines with 16 items per line.
The standalone fetches the 5 different price lists one after the other, which means it fetches 5 times that amount of data described above.

It takes here between 4 and 7 seconds to fetch all 5 price lists although AV + Firewall (F-Secure Client Security) is enabled.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code