LC & Catalina; macOS 10.15.x; Xcode 11.3.x; iOS 13.3.x support ???

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 13 11:44:48 EDT 2020

Just to diverge a bit (as I am wont to do), when new browsers and features began to be prolific, a lot of web devs would initially develop sites using the new features. What resulted however is that they excluded vast numbers of visitors who could not view their web sites, or had reduced capabilities.

What evolved from that period of painful learning is that it is always a good idea when developing for public consumption to develop for the (reasonably) lowest common denominator. By reasonable, I mean for example, making sure an app will run in Windows 7 or whatever version of iOS the Apple Store accepts. Unreasonable would be trying to support iOS 7 of Windows XP or Vista.

If using the latest SDK and Livecode version doesn't accomplish this, I would consider maintaining an SDK and LC version that does, and avoid using features in your apps that environment cannot support.

My 2¢

Bob S