LC & Catalina; macOS 10.15.x; Xcode 11.3.x; iOS 13.3.x support ???

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 21:52:15 EDT 2020

The clue is in the subject heading, Jacque. At least, I thought it was plain enough. The script editor and HTML issues I mentioned were just ‘mind wind’ in the process of bemoaning the speed of uptake to current OS and Xcode support.

Here’s the big issue. Essential updates that all users are dependent on, like OS support, are held off from release while other minor updates are worked on and refined. I would venture to suggest that a new policy for these heavy releases to come quicker in a x.x.x release while the other combination/collection of fixes and features be sent out in an x.x release. This would then make sure critical errors/features (which I would say OS support fits into) are addressed and released quicker while not being held off at the mercy of other fixes waiting in the wings.

Using this method would make it easier on the hub too. Anyone working on non critical updates can develop to the sub major release (ie. 9.7) while other more critical fixes can be applied to minor (not minor in urgency) releases (ie. 9.6.24). These can then have just one or three fixes that then get fed upstream into the 9.7 develop branch to be then checked against any other features being added to it.

Does that make sense?

Sean Cole
Pi Digital