OAuth2 was Re: google sheets - anybody doing anything besides mergGoogle

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 22:50:02 EDT 2020

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 00:17, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> I had thought the problem at that time was that your app was using
> Google's older auth method, before they switched to OAth2.

Correct. But not the oAuth Lib directly anyway. What bothered me was oAuth
had been added but not to the Google extension. Which was odd

> The Oath2 lib is in LC's Github repository:
>
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/extensions/script-libraries/oauth2/oauth2.livecodescript
>
> So now I'm confused: is OAuth2 not working in LC 9.x?

I don't rely on any third party stuff anymore as it's out of my control and
have to wait an age before someone perhaps, maybe, some year, updates it.

> I'm also confused about "near silence" - Mark Waddingham has posted here
> three times this month, and it's only the 10th.  He's even posted in the
> forums more frequently lately than I'm used to seeing.

Do you mean wIth reference to progress, roadmap, where the updates are and
how far along...? Or just in response to other specific questions and
ramblings about an existing feature or somewhat?

> As for the breakpoints crasher, I'd thought that was addressed in v9.1, no?

Afraid not. 9.5.1 and 9.6 dp2 are still exhibiting breakpoint crashes. Not
as often as before but, still, there are occurrences. And for some very odd
reason an early sign it's going to become a problem I notice the line
numbers don't scroll with the script after I've run one with a breakpoint
that I've then stepped through - you know - so I can do my job and work out
where bugs are. When I see this I have to close the script editor and
reopen it to prevent it from crashing altogether - although sometimes it
gives no warning.

Next time I see it happening I'll do a screen recording so all can see it
in it's glory.

Counter to what Jacque says, it does not 'fix' itself. It persists until it
gives up. It still crashes occasionally.

It's nice to hear they are 'on it' -- 9 / 6 / 3 months later!
(It hurts so much..!!)