google sheets - anybody doing anything besides mergGoogle

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Mar 5 18:03:59 EST 2020

On 04/03/2020 20:37, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> is anyone using anything besides mergGoogle to work with google sheets?
> care to share, if you are?

I'm just using the Google Sheets API directly from LiveCode - just pushing
JSON back and forth. The API is limited, but what's there is very easy to work
with - much better than manipulating xlsx files.

I started using it to get data from clients, and then processing data and
pushing it back into the sheets. I've also used on some experimental image
processing, where I found that pushing the results of LiveCode functions into
a google sheet immediately gave me an nice interface in which to review the
data, and then I could also use the spreadsheet functions to do evaluation and
testing.

Ben