iOS background behavior

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Mar 3 11:46:33 EST 2020

On 2020-03-03 16:30, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> You can test, the app runs fine. You just can't submit to the App
> Store with that key in the plist.
>
> I have the same problem. All our users who can't update to iOS 13 will
> be stuck back at the login screen after every phone call. Apple is
> being very short sighted about this.

Brief google searches seem to suggest that since a-not-yet-determined
version of iOS the lack of the relevant plist key (exits-on-suspend)
means that the app will not exit on suspend... I found a reference to
saying this change happened in iOS11 onwards - but couldn't find an
explicit reference to it.

So, in theory, that means that not having the key will mean your app
should work the same on iOS11+ (again, this isn't anything I've tested
myself, just info gleaned from google).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps