Platform Divergence

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 20:03:52 EDT 2020

I'm pretty convinced that, although some of the UI niceties won't be
included initially, LC will be barely, if not completely, unaffected by
this divergence (even with AppleStore complications). No more than we
already have! Scrollbars always get me! Put a standard scrolling field on a
mobile device and it always looks Win91/Linux styled. To this day!! Hasn't
been improved by Team LC or even considered. It has always fallen on us to
fake it and go through mental amounts of flaming hoops. We have the
'native' fields now (LCB) but you have to swap out in code between
platforms if you are developing for multi-platform environments.

That said, it's still easier jumping through those hoops that coding in C+,
C#, Obj-C/Swift, Java and Html5/CSS/JS/PHP to get something working
cross-platform.

LC is still a little marvel!

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital *