Possible Catalina problem...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Jun 8 10:55:24 EDT 2020

We have run into a possible problem. Researchware makes two
applications, HyperRESEARCH and HyperTRANSCRIBE. We have new forthcoming
versions of both built on LiveCode 9.5.1.

These two applications are code signed and the DMG is code signed,
notarized, and stapled for Catalina. They both work fine on testing on
macOS ranging from Mavericks (10.9) to Mojave (10.14).

We also only have a single Catalina system to test on. On that single
system, each application seems to work fine, but if we run them at the
same time, the second app to launch throws a script error on startup -
and it looks like it may be related to network actions on startup.

We have a TON more testing to do, but I wanted to ask if anyone have
seen ANY Catalina specific problems running multiple LiveCode
standalones at the same time?

Our hope is that this is a problem SPECIFIC to our single Catalina mac
and not a LC Engine or tsNet Catalina specific bug of some sort. To know
that some one else has run multiple LC 9 standalones at the same time on
Catalina and seen no errors would be kind of encouraging right now.