Using OAuth2 with Microsoft API services

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 22 14:55:57 EDT 2020

Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 7/22/20 9:26 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>> I've run into a snag in which the OAuth2 redirect URI does not seem to
>> be called when used to authenticate for Microsoft API services such as
>> Dynamics 365.
>>
>> Before getting into details (there are many) it would be helpful to know
>> whether anyone here has successfully use LiveCode's OAuth2 library to
>> connect to Microsoft Office 365 apps, or even other Microsoft services
>> that use Azure's authentication service.
>
> Haven't, but this seems to be what you need:
>
> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/v2-oauth2-client-creds-grant-flow>
>
> Microsoft and Amazon make for strange bedfellows. Use certificates if
> you can.

Certificates? What are you referring to in the context of OAuth?  And I
missed something - how does Amazon play into this?

But yes, that's the page we started with.  We're now having an issue
with the redirect URI not firing.  I'm working with the admin to adjust
yet another Azure setting for that, but it would sure streamline the
trial-and-error process if I could find someone who's done this
successfully with LC.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems