Functions running in IDE, but not running in standalone

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Jul 20 19:12:43 EDT 2020

Bruce,

i just tried with a sample stack where i did not include the Internet library. I get exact the same error in the bugreport (except the line number and stack name and so on).

"Executing at 12:58:33 AM on Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Type: Handler: can't find handler
Object: button "Button" of card id 1002 of stack "/Users/matthias/Downloads/test5/MacOSX/test.app/Contents/MacOS/test"
Line: libURLSetSSLVerification false
Line Num: 2
Hint: libURLSetSSLVerification

Comments: hm,weird"

If Internet library is really selected in under Inclusions in Standalone Settings, then either there is a problem with your Livecode installation or another guess...

Are you using  the savestackrequest message in your scripts? If so, is it possible by any chance that you did forgot to add "pass savestackrequest" before "End savestackrequest"?

I remember that a long time ago i  bothered the Support Team with a problem that database functions did not work in my standalone although i had enabled all needed inclusions.
The problem was i used  the savestackrequest message to cleanup fields and other things in the stack before saving, but forgot to add "pass savestackrequest".
The interesting part was, that the standalone was created and although all included externals were added to the standalone, the standalone was not able to communicate with the database. After adding that line, all was fine.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code