Functions running in IDE, but not running in standalone

Bruce Pokras dangmacguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:28:43 EDT 2020

Matthias and Curry,

Thanks for your responses. I am using Indy for which I apparently do not have access to RemoteDebugger.

I did activate the “Bug Reports” feature and added “tsNet” to the included stuff for the standalone.

From the bug reporter feature, it seems that “libURL" commands/functions are somehow creating a problem. (And, yes, I am including the Internet library in my standalone!).

Here are a couple of examples of the bug reports that were generated:
======
Error from running Patent Grabber’s “Abstract Report":

Executing at 3:45:49 PM on Monday, July 20, 2020
Type: Handler: can't find handler
Object: stack "/Users/BruceiMac/Documents/Revolution/Projects 461/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-0310/MacOSX/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-03.app/Contents/MacOS/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-03"
Line Num: 81
Hint: libURLSetSSLVerification

My comments: Line 81 is where I set libURLSetSSLVerification to false. What does it mean “can’t find handler"???? Why not? It’s part of the included Internet library!

=====
Error from running Patent Grabber’s "Get Biblio +" report:

Executing at 12:56:56 PM on Monday, July 20, 2020
Type: Function: error in function handler
Object: card id 3946 of stack "/Users/BruceiMac/Documents/Revolution/Projects 461/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-035/MacOSX/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-03.app/Contents/MacOS/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-03"
Line Num: 2840
Hint: libURLLastRHHeaders

My comments: The libURLLastRHHeaders is used by Patent Grabber to determine whether a server at the European Patent Office is restricting bandwidth. In such cases, Patent Grabber waits longer between queries. Works fine in the IDE, of course.

-====
Here is a real frustrating thing. The first execution error that the Bug Reports generates is one that is like the two above.That’s fine. But after that it produces what might be an infinite number of execution errors like the following:

Executing at 3:46:29 PM on Monday, July 20, 2020
Type: Handler: error in statement
Object: stack "/Users/BruceiMac/Documents/Revolution/Projects 461/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-0310/MacOSX/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-03.app/Contents/MacOS/Patent Grabber 6.4.4-03"
Line Num: 12
Hint: errorDialog

My comments: There is no errorDialog command in the stack script. In fact, line 12 of the stack script is an "end if" which is part of a preOpenStack handler to center the stack on the screen.
===

I have to force-quit the standalone to get out of this infinite loop! This whole thing is very weird and very frustrating!

Regards,

Bruce