WebSites made using Livecode.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 7 13:32:15 EDT 2020

Andre Garzia  wrote:

 > In my own personal and subjective experience, LiveCode shines when you
 > are building desktop applications, or combining desktop applications
 > with server-side solutions. With LiveCode you can have a webapp doing
 > server-side LC server and an HTML5 front-end, while still having a
 > full desktop application for handling all the administration stuff.
 > Instead of spending a ton of time to craft a webadmin panel, or a
 > clunky CMS, you can offer your client the full power of an offline-
 > first desktop application to manage the webapp you're building. That
 > is a powerful proposition and one that I wish would surface more in LC
 > marketing and in the stories on this list.

^ BINGO

It's been a great model here.

One of my longest-running projects is a content-driven medical decision
support system, where the authoring, review, and publishing process is
done in an LC standalone, generating web-ready static HTML for lean,
scalable deployment.

And now that we have some nice WebDAV libraries, I'm using that same
model for my own content management, with Nextcloud as a collaborative
document store managed through a dedicated desktop standalone made in LC.

Along the way I'm seeing opportunities to use APIs from Nextcloud apps
and other cloud services to build out standalones providing
highly-integrated workflows across disparate services, tailored for the
specific needs of just about any organization with all the ease that
developing GUIs in LiveCode can provide.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems