Redirecting stdout to file on server

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Jul 6 10:47:15 EDT 2020

Torsten,

"the other application" that posts the data to the server should see any error that is returned by the server.
So if there is a server error or any error/message returned by Lc Server script. Both should be returned to the application.

We are also using Lc Server scripts to process data that is posted to the scripts.

One example is  posting price data files to a Lc Server script. The script then
checks and modifies the data in some way. I stores different versions of the file into different folders.
The script returns not just error messages  (the script uses put commands for it) if for example a file could not be written to a folder or if the posted data was not consistent, but also it returns information about the major step the script  does.

The application that posts the data to the script gets all the error/status messages of the script and of course and server errors  and continues further according to the returned data of the server/script.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code