Corrupted Stacks

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 15:57:42 EST 2020

Thanks for your input Tom. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that what Dropbox does - saves to a local folder then makes a copy to the cloud? With Richard’s input that Dropbox and similar services are notorious for problems in this regard I can only surmise that it’s the trip over the internet that introduces the opportunity for corruption. But maybe I'm wrong on that.

I was just on the phone with a customer who is periodically (once every 2-3 months) having this issue. He’s on a gigabit network and a 1mb file took about 5 seconds to save before the document closed and the tilde version of the file was deleted. That’s seems pretty slow for that size of file.

Marty