Corrupted Stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 28 21:12:45 EST 2020

Marty Knapp wrote:

 > I have an app in which users create documents (stacks) that auto-save
 > when they're closed. I have a a few customers who are getting
 > corrupted stacks every once in a while. At least in a couple of cases
 > they are saving to a network server or over an internet connection.
 > Does anyone have any input with my shutdown routine? Ways of making it
 > more robust?

Save is save.  One command triggers the engine's save routine. Hard to
get leaner than that.

As a general rule, I would not advise saving large live documents over a
network, or to any folder managed by network sync (Dropbox, iCloud,
Nextcloud, etc.).  Tons of warnings from software vendors all over the
web about things like that.

Are the users able to recover from the "~" copy?

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems