Authentication questions

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 17:01:38 EST 2020

LiveCode’s dictionary shows multiple authentication capabilities. However, I’m having trouble figuring out how to actually implement them working with our business phone system that uses CSTA authentication.

The following link describes CSTA although I don’t see direct information regarding the authentication process.
https://ecma-international.org/activities/Communications/TG11/faq.htm

The authentication and communication uses TCP or TLS with a specific connection port (example 7777) and SSL Certificate encryption.

In C++ Login code:
int Login(const char* userName, const char* password,
const char* type,
const char* platform,

const char* version, CSTALoginResponsePtr response );

int AsyncLogin(const char* userName, const char* password,
const char* type,
const char* platform,

const char* version, CSTA_ASYNCRESPONSECALLBACK callback, void * userData);

In C++ Logout code:

int Logout();

int AsyncLogout( CSTA_ASYNCRESPONSECALLBACK callback, void * userData);

XML request

<loginRequest type="User" platform=“My App" version="1.2.2" clientType="Desktop">

<userName>username</userName> <pwd>password</pwd> </loginRequest>

XML response success

<loginResponce Code="0" sn="12345" apiversion="3" ext="1333">Login OK</loginResponce>

NOTE: Password must be encrypted using the SHA-1 format!
The username and password is specified in the Configure\System Services.

On an incoming call this would be the XML to retrieve the Caller ID info.
<DeliveredEvent>
<monitorCrossRefID>1</monitorCrossRefID>
<connection>
<callID>16</callID>
<deviceID>1335</deviceID>
</connection>
<callingDevice>
<deviceIdentifier>1335</deviceIdentifier>
</callingDevice>
<calledDevice>
<deviceIdentifier>1333</deviceIdentifier>
</calledDevice>
<alertingDevice>
<deviceIdentifier>1333</deviceIdentifier>
</alertingDevice>
<alertingDisplayName>VM-ds_test1 ds_test1</alertingDisplayName>
<networkCallingDevice>
<deviceIdentifier>ds_test ds_test</deviceIdentifier>
</networkCallingDevice>
<callingDisplayName>ds_test ds_test</callingDisplayName>
<lastRedirectionDevice>
<deviceIdentifier></deviceIdentifier>
</lastRedirectionDevice>
<localConnectionInfo>alerting</localConnectionInfo>
<cause>normal</cause>
</DeliveredEvent>

Can we do this authentication directly in LiveCode?
What would the syntax look like?

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos