Xcode 10.2 and High Sierra

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Jan 26 12:09:25 EST 2020

Not officially. But there are reports that it will work with some tweaks

This here is a post from stack overflow which describes how to get xCode 10.2 running under High Sierra
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55578496/update-xcode-10-1-to-10-2-on-high-sierra-10-13-6

-->>
I am using Xcode10.2 on High Sierra 10.13.6, and can build several projects for my iPhone 5s and 6s Plus which working on iOS12.2. The process is similar to Damnum’s.

Change the name of working Xcode like Xcode10.1.
Download Xcode 10.2 and copy it into Applications folder. (The name is of course Xcode.)
Edit Xcode.app/Contents/Info.plist and change the Minimum System Version to 10.13.6 with Xcode10.1
Edit Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/FileMerge/Contents/Info.plist and change the Minimum System Version to 10.13.6 with Xcode10.1
Edit Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/Info.plist and change the Minimum System Version to 10.13 with Xcode10.1
Launch Xcode (it is 10.2) and install the rest of items.
Now you can use iOS12.2 features in the Xcode.
I tested my own projects and several sample projects from iOS 12 App Development Essentials by Neil Smyth. All of them work fine on my devises including camera app.

<<--

I did not test that tweaks, so i cannot confirm that this is working. But others confirmed that this will work.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code