IOS scroller

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 20 18:23:15 EST 2020

On 1/19/20 2:23 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> I'm using a native scroller for both Android and iOS. I track the
> mouseDown position and the mouseUp position to see if the swipe is
> vertical or horizontal. Vertical causes a scroll, horizontal is a swipe.
> This works on Android.
>
> On iOS the mouseDown isn't registered fast enough and swiping doesn't
> work unless you hold down for a second before continuing the swipe. I
> think this must be related to the iOS-only properties delayTouches
> and/or canCancelTouches but I've tried combinations of both without
> success.

Plodding through my own issues today: the above is marginally
inaccurate. Swiping horizontally does work but only if the scroller is
absolutely still. If you swipe even slightly upward (but mostly
horizontal) it acts like a vertical scroll. One of those scroller
properties I mentioned should be preventing that, right?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com