strange problems with SEND

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jan 17 12:31:13 EST 2020

On 2020-01-17 17:24, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> ouch, sorry, TRUE! :-/
>
> However the other message "onlinekursinfo" is also from me and I have
> no idea why it should be delivered on:
> Sunday, February 2, 2070, I did not script that!?

I think you did ... Accidentally...

> THAT script also looked fine in the debugger.
> Will check again, but 2070 is definitevely WRONG in whatever pending
> message!

Remember that pending messages are not deleted by the engine until they
fire
or you issue a cancel command.

This code essentially computes the 'future time' the message you were
sending
would fire:

put the date into tDatum
convert tDatum from date to dateitems
add 1 to item 3 of tDatum
put 8 into item 4 of tDatum
convert tDatum from dateitems to seconds
put tDatum - the seconds into tNeuesDatum
add the seconds to tNeuesDatum -- essentially what 'in time' does
convert tNeuesDatum from seconds to long system date
put tNeuesDatum

Now try removing `- the seconds` from the 6th line and see what date you
get...

(My theory is in some iteration of your code, you missed that out but
ran the
script leaving you with a far future pending message!)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps