WEBP Image Format

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Jan 15 16:59:21 EST 2020

Hi

Not sure if this would work but in the following article

https://www.howtogeek.com/325864/how-to-save-googles-webp-images-as-jpeg-or-png/

 it says there are command line utilities to convert WebP images to PNG and other formats

 'Google offers up the utilities to encode, decode, and view WebP on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.’

C:\Path\To\dwebp.exe inputFile.webp -o outputFile

I think you could use LiveCode’s shell() function to run this to convert any of the WebP images you are supplied to get PNG versions to server to your customers.

Regards,

Martin Koob