encrypting script-only stacks

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 15 14:26:27 EST 2020

On 1/15/20 10:56 AM, Kaveh Bazargan via use-livecode wrote:
> I want to be able to build standalones often, and I cannot distribute the
> code. So from what I understand I have to convert these back into standard
> stacks every just before making a standalone, then load them thro the
> Stacks tab (not Files tab). This is quite labour intensive. I do hope there
> is an automated solution to be able to avoid this.

This is off the top of my head and not tested at all, but here's the idea:

on savingStandalone
  put "stack1,stack2,stack3...stackn" into tStackList
  repeat for each item i in tStackList
    set the mainstack of stack i to "myMainStack"
    set the password of stack i to "somePassword"
  end repeat
end savingStandalone

Since the above doesn't change the original mainstack I don't think
you'll need a standaloneSaved handler to undo the changes but see what
happens. Make backups first.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com