encrypting script-only stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 14 12:46:36 EST 2020

I use Nextcloud with my work folders, so backup with versions is
automatic, and it keeps everything synced across my Mac, Linux, and Win
boxes along with it.

But my needs are modest.  Because I rarely work in teams larger than
three to five developers, and we assign tasks by skill focus so we
rarely need to have two devs working on the same stack file at the same
time, we rarely need automated merge assistance.  In the few cases where
we have needed a merge, a prop diff and tossed-together script-diff have
been sufficient.

I will be using Git more in 2020, though, for open source work, likely
on Github (though I'm still considering Gitlab since it's open source
itself).

Help me motivate to move my Git transition forward sooner:

Beyond backup across versions (since that's widely available in most
cloud storage for even binary files), that Git features do you find most
valuable?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems