Where is LiveCode

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 12:24:19 EST 2020

Hi

Hi Richmond, Richard

This isn't about open source but developer tools  - just Developer Tools
otherwise Python would be in there (I didn't see it)

I wrote the following before Richard responded but got sidetracked .....

I for one WOULD expect livecode be there - XOJO is and so is Unity.

XOJO gives away a free desktop version while they are a student _ i think
if LC gave away a free Community version (so that student CAN submit to the
store) that would be good.

XOJO with a smaller team and a CEO who can't program seems to  doing a much
better Job of "selling" themselves (in more ways than one) and being
pro-active

Their  marketing / evangelist Paul Leberve does what "marketing" at LC
should be doing

Here is the top line of his linked in ....
Developer Evangelist

As the Xojo Developer Evangelist, I am responsible for many things that
relate to educating prospective and existing customers about the best ways
to get the most out of Xojo. In particular, I will be focusing on
documentation, tutorials, example projects, webinars, blogging, training
and social web coverage.

He also runs his own company and writes software (eating His own Dog Food
in  Microsoft parlance) - so they have a Marketing Social Media ,
Documentation , Blogging and more importantly someone who codes examples
(where are our 100 widgets?)

<flame on>

Lagi

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 16:42, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <