Does any one know what Player "intervals" actually are?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Feb 18 17:58:27 EST 2020

In your own case (Paul) luckily there is probably very little cause for
concern - because your files have other context available, allowing us
to either convert/confirm, or else entirely replace the most important
interval values. And I don't consider this difficult to tame
sufficiently for practical purposes, again in your own case.

But as a larger issue of depending on LC intervals - yep, it's huge!
Really a stunning eye-opener to see the different values for the
different files. We should give a quick tip to all LC developers: DON'T
use intervals for permanently storing media time values. :)

As for the original question: Given their arbitrary nature per OS/Media
framework, I actually think "interval" may be the best choice of word!
An arbitrary slice of time. Perfectly named, but utterly problematic if
treated as anything other than arbitrary and temporary.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"