LC 9.6.0 DP2

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Tue Feb 18 12:06:50 EST 2020

> On Feb 18, 2020, at 8:08 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Richmond wrote:
>> "The OP asked about using the latest version of LiveCode on an OS that was EOL'd many years ago."
>> And I replied by suggesting a version of LiveCode that would produce standalones that would work on that OS.
>

> While all of us here make software, not all of us study security.  We are all constructively minded, and generally don't have a habit of looking at things from the perspective of the bad guys. I value the insights in the newsletters, blogs, and books I read on security, helping me better understand the implications of my choices as a developer of systems for others to use.  Distilling a slice of that to a gentle reminder about staying current with patches to known vulnerabilities seems useful.

Here is a fun sidenote. Windows 7 has also lost support from Microsoft as of Jan 14, 2020. Microsoft provides a program called Extended Security Updates.

This program buys companies up to three years of support. It is my understanding that the program is expensive. The program is for big businesses and not available to individuals.

So, if you are developing for organizations that rely on Windows 7, this may be useful for your next meeting with IT. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4527878/faq-about-extended-security-updates-for-windows-7 <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4527878/faq-about-extended-security-updates-for-windows-7>

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>
nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/>