Translate metadata to field content

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 17 16:59:33 EST 2020

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I'm still working on htmltext in a field. There are anchors that indicate positions elsewhere
> in the file. A browser will automatically find and scroll to the right place in the text. I
> need to reproduce that.
>
> Is there a way to translate an anchor like "#12345" to the location in the visible field text
> it links to?
>
> I've thought of a couple of alternate ways to do it involving lookup files, but it would be
> better to do a direct translation to avoid the extra overhead.

The closest I have doesn't account for softwraps, but FWIW:

function fwAnchorTagLine pFldObj, pTag
    local tA
    local tLastLine
    local tNumRuns

    put the styledText of pFldObj into tA
    put item 2 of extents(tA) into tLastLine
    repeat with i = 1 to tLastLine
       put item 2 of extents(tA[i]["runs"]) into tNumRuns
       repeat with j = 1 to tNumRuns
          if pTag is in tA[i]["runs"][j]["style"]["linkText"] \
                AND "link" is not in \
                   tA[i]["runs"][j]["style"]["textStyle"] then
             return i
          end if
       end repeat
    end repeat