Displaying & caching PDF files

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Feb 5 13:15:40 EST 2020

Hi all,

> Am 05.02.2020 um 19:05 schrieb Eller, Roger via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hey Ralph,
>
> "The latest phones usually come with a built-in PDF reader."
>
> Source:  How To Open PDF Files on Android in under 60 Seconds  https://joyofandroid.com/open-pdf-android/
>
> I am sure it's not the experience for everyone, but I very rarely view PDF files on my phone.  When I do, I use any PDF reader that I want.  Adobe Reader is free.  I know you said "natively", but like in some Linux camps, we don't always want everything ever made to be installed.  /jovial tone 🙂
> ~Roger

OK, lets say we have an LC Android app that has just printed to pdf
and the file is in ther users DOCUMENTS folder. Can we then just:
launch url(specialfolderpath("documents") & "/a_pdf.pdf")
and one of the above mentioned (installed) PDF Reader will just kick in,
or is this prohibited by our app's Sandbox?

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major